Dr. Ayelet Segal
Dr. Ayelet Segal has devoted the last 20 years exploring problems in the realm of Cognitive Psychology, Education and Interactive Media both in academia and industry.
Dr. Segal earned a Master and PhD in Cognitive Psychology, Education and Technology from Teachers College, Columbia University in NYC, USA. Her research focuses on embodiment theory and gestural interfaces to promote cognition and learning. She also holds a Master of Arts in Interactive Media from Middlesex University in London, UK. Her thesis was on experiential software in the field of "edutainment" – the integration of entertainment and education. She is the PA Technology Committee Chair of Bank Street School for Children.
Dr. Segal is the co-author of the chapter Embodied Cognition and Learning Environment Design of the book Theoretical foundations of student-centered learning environments. New York: Routledge.
By D. Jonassen and S. Lamb (Eds.)
Dr. Segal has achieved international recognition and critical acclaim and has been honored through international awards and has presented her research at numerous conferences.
- The Psychonomic Society Conference (cognition), Nov.2010 St. Louis, USA.
- NYC Subway Summit for Cognition and Learning, Feb. 2011, NYC, USA.
- APS: Association for Psychological Science, May 2010, Boston, USA.
- CHI: Human-computer Interaction Conference, SMART workshop, April 2010, Atlanta, USA.
- New talent pavilion, Interactive Media Conference, Milia 1999, Cannes, France.
- AERA: American Educational Research Association, April 2012, Vancouver, Canada.
- TC 125 YEARS: Teachers College, Columbia University, April 2013, NYC, USA
- Gold Award - IdN Design Award 99/00, The Digital Design Magazine, Singapore.
- Gold Award - Mediaterra 99, Best entertainment Cd-Rom, Athens, Greece.
- Silver Award - Gullblyantspisseren 99, Norwegian awards for design & advertising, Oslo, Norway.
- Award - New talent pavilion, Milia 99, Cannes, France.
- Award - VISUELT 99, The Norwegian Union of Designers & Illustrators, Oslo, Norway.
- Award - New Media Talent 99, Creative Review Magazine, London, UK.